HQLAX is an innovative financial technology firm that leverages distributed ledger technology (DLT) to bring game-changing efficiencies to the securities finance and repo industry. Our core clients are banks and asset managers active in the global securities finance and repo markets, and our unique platform enables market participants to execute frictionless, precise and real-time transfer of ownership of securities. This provides our clients with capital cost savings by reducing credit risk, intra-day liquidity requirements and operational risk.
We have been operating successfully since 2017 in a highly regulated market and we have 12+ Tier 1 strategic partners across the industry. HQLAX is headquartered in Luxembourg with offices in London and Zug (Switzerland) with a total staff of 30+ from 17 nationalities.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced HR &Finance Officer to act as a key support for a broad range of administrative and operational activities across our multiple locations.
In return, we offer attractive compensation and benefits, including the opportunity to participate in the company’s growth, as well as an excellent team atmosphere, flexible work-from-home arrangements and a commitment to work and home life balance.
The position is based in Luxembourg and reports to theChief Financial Officer.
· HR responsibilities include:
- Manage and support the recruitment activities for an international team, incl. posting job ads on various job boards, screening CVs, scheduling interview and ensure a smooth process for candidates and the team.
- Assist with background checks for selected candidates and potential work permit applications.
- Manage the onboarding/offboarding procedures.
- Maintain employee records and HR tools, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Manage and support HR processes such as performance assessment, training program, employee surveys and policy attestation.
- Ensure all company HR policies and procedures are applied consistently.
- Help with the implementation of new HR processes, initiatives and tools.
- Support team leaders in their HR role and responsibilities.
- Address queries and issues from employees and managers.
- Draft HR related documents, incl. employment contracts, HR policies and templates.
- Manage the on-call compensations for the IT team.
- Collaborate with external payroll/benefits providers in each country.
- Organise meetings, trainings & events.
· Finance responsibilities include:
- Collect all incoming invoices, seek internal approval and prepare payment runs.
- Process accounting transactions, incl. accounts payable and bank reconciliations.
- Liaise with auditors, regulators and service providers as required.
- Assist with the preparation of tax and VAT returns in each country.
- Assist with the preparation of reporting.
- Assist with vendor risk assessments.
- Maintain the asset register (e.g. IT equipment) and organise annual inventory.
- Organise, scan & archive documents (paper & electronic).
- Order and maintain office supplies and ensure proper inventory levels.
- Provide general administrative / office management support.
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business administration or equivalent
· You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
· Knowledge of Luxembourg labor law and regulations would be an asset
· Ability to consistently deliver high-quality work with attention to detail and accuracy, always ensuring integrity, discretion and confidentiality
· Proactive with organisational and time management skills
· Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks, with a focus on continuous improvement and drive towards operational efficiencies
· Ability to deal with figures, pay attention to details, managing deadlines and high accuracy level
· Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills
· Ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment, with multiple projects running in parallel
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion as this person could have access to information that would not be available to all others in the company
· Be adaptable to various competing demands with the ability to meet required deadlines
· Advanced Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· You are interested in technology supporting the HR & Finance processes
· Knowledge of social media platforms and experience with employer branding or candidate sourcing would bean asset
· Ability to adapt to an international, multicultural and multilingual environment
· ExcellentEnglish-language drafting and communication skills
· Knowledge of French would be an asset
More information on HQLAX is available here: www.hqla-x.com
Interested in this role? Please apply in English at firstname.lastname@example.org
HQLAX is committed to building a diverse team. We encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.